Headteacher’s Update – 16th September 2022

Can I remind all parents and carers that due to the Bank Holiday, school will be closed to all pupils on Monday 19th September but will re-open to all pupils on Tuesday 20th September.

This week the school has continued to pay tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II through celebrations of her life in Primary Phase assemblies and activities in registration periods. On Sunday, September 12th I was accompanied by two senior pupils to the Proclamation of his Majesty King Charles III on the steps of the Port Talbot Civic Centre.

After-school Clubs

It has been lovely to see a number of after-school activities start back across primary and secondary phase this week. These have included a variety of sports clubs as well as expressive arts disciplines and the school library. We publicise the days and times of the activities during registration and I would encourage pupils to take a look and if there is something they would like to try, to speak to a member of staff and give it a go!!

On-site Parking

I would like to reiterate the arrangements during the school day. The front car park is now open during the school day but is closed for safeguarding purposes during the following times:

• 8:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
  • 2:40 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.

This is to ensure that pupils can safely enter and leave the school site during the busiest times of the day. I would ask that the following procedures are adhered to if you do use the car park during these times:

• Ensure that you have parked in an appropriate space;
  • Please turn off your engine and ensure that the car remains static;
  • It can get especially busy in the afternoon so please wait until instructed by a senior member of staff before moving your car;
  • Drive safely at all times whilst on site and adhere to the 5mph speed limit.

Could I also please ask parents and carers to stick to the pavements when entering and leaving the site with their children. I appreciate your co-operation in this matter as it is ultimately designed to keep everybody as safe as possible. The rear car park is designated for authorised vehicles only.

Looking ahead to next week

• Wednesday 21st September –  the Cerdd NPT Music Service will be putting on a music roadshow in school where Years 6, 7 & 8 will have an opportunity to find out about and try a variety of musical instruments. This event has been excellent in previous years and we are delighted to be able to offer this opportunity once again.

Richard Rees

Headteacher/Prifathro