Headteacher’s Update- 22nd September 2023

Parking

I would like to thank people for their undertsanding and co-operation regarding parking in the rear car park this week. It is much appreciated as ultimately we want to ensure a safe environment for pupils and staff at the start and end of the school day. On that note, can I remind parents/carers that there are parking restrictions on the Afandale estate opposite the front of the school. We received a number of complaints yesterday that an emergency services vehicle was unable to gain access to the estate due to cars being parked inappropriately. Whilst I appreciate that parking around the school is difficult, please be mindful of the parking restrictions. The Police and Local Authority have been made aware of residents’ concerns. I would also ask that parents/carers do not park up against the school gates as emergency services need access at all times.

INSET Day

A reminder again that next Friday is an INSET day which will be a joint cluster training day with our cluster primary schools and will focus on progression in the Curriculum for Wales.

Neath Port Talbot College Awards Eveving

I had the pleasure of attending the Neath Port Talbot College Awards last night. It was lovely to see an ex-pupil of the school receive the award in the Mathematics category. Max achieved an incredible 99% in the A2 examinations. A truly outstanding achievement. Max is now going on to study at Bath University.

Richard Rees

Headteacher/Prifathro